Easy Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Finally moving into my own apartment has given me the freedom to cook whatever I want whenever I want.  My biggest problem has been making meals that are simple, healthy, and aren't too much food for one person.  Here is a simple meal that I have been cooking for myself a lot.  These sweet potato fries are baked instead of fried, making them healthier than traditional sweet potato fries.  I ate mine as my meal but they can easily be made as a side dish or as a snack.

Baked Sweet Potato Fries



Serving Size: One

You will need: 


  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1 tbsp olive oil 
  • salt
  • seasonings of choice

Directions: 

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit 
2. Line a pan with tin foil.
3. Peel your sweet potato and chop into skinny strips.
          Tip: I like to slice my fries as skinny as possible to ensure that they bake quickly and crisp up in the oven. 
4. Toss sweet potato strips with the olive oil and spread evenly on the foil-lined baking sheet.  Make sure they aren't touching because this will prevent them from crisping in the oven. 
5. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. They should be crispy and slightly browned around the edges. 
6. Once they are done, toss the fries with salt and your seasonings of choice.  I like to use garlic power, onion powder, and chili powder.  
7. Serve and enjoy! 


Let me know if you've tried out this recipe!

xo Beaches & Blonde

Comments